How to Eat Dragon Fruit
If you see a bright pink fruit with wild, scaly skin in your supermarket, it is most likely a dragon fruit.fruit, also known as pitaya, is a delicious, tropical fruit that is native to Central America. It is now also grown in Southeast Asian countries, such as Thailand and and is available in markets worldwide. Here is how to prepare dragon fruit and how to eat the dragon fruit.
Dragon Fruit (Pitaya) Recipes
This antioxidant-rich fruit can be used in preparing many mouth-watering that include salads, , and kebabs.
Dragon Fruit Smoothie
½ cup milk
1 teaspoon honey
Chopped dragon fruit
Dry fruits or nuts for garnishing
Ice cubes (optional)
- Step 1: Mix all the ingredients and blend until you get a thick consistency.
- Step 2: Pour the mixture into a glass or a cup. with finely chopped almonds or dry fruits as per taste.
Note: You can use this smoothie to make a nutritious smoothie bowl.
Dragon Fruit Kebabs
Salt to taste
- Step 1: Cut all the fruits into cubes, brush them with oil and put them on a grill plate.
- Step 2: Grill them for 10 minutes.
- Step 3: Sprinkle some salt and pepper powder on the kebabs and serve hot.
Dragon Fruit Taste
The taste of a fresh dragon fruit (pitaya) is somewhat bland. It is usually mildly sweet and has a subtle taste. However, some varieties, like the red one, have a tangy flavor profile.