Amazing Benefits & Uses of Tarragon
What is Tarragon?
The versatile and easy-to-grow tarragon herb is considered one of the four essential herbs in French cooking. It is bittersweet, with notes of anise, and is used primarily in savory dishes, particularly with chicken, fish, or eggs. Tarragon vinegar is a popular application, and it is also occasionally found in pickling spice. Here are some tarragon benefits.
In 1 tablespoon of ground tarragon, there are 14 calories, with approximately 1 gram of protein, and 2 grams of carbs.It is also an excellent source of magnesium, zinc, calcium, and iron
Let us take a look at its many uses.
- It can be used in both dried and fresh forms.
- It is particularly popular as a herb for chicken, fish, and egg dishes.
- To get the best medicinal dose, many people make a tea by steeping its leaves.
- This herb can also be used topically as an oil.
- It is a natural preservative, thanks to its quality.
- The oil derived from this herb is popular as a deodorizer.
- It is also used to make tarragon vinegar, which is flavored with leaves soaked in the vinegar.
How to Store?
Let us take a look at how to store this herb.
- Step 1: If you grow your own fresh herbs, the best time to harvest is when your plant is between 1 and 2 feet tall.
- Step 2: Pluck or cut the leaves, being careful not to damage or bruise them.
- Step 3: Wash them and pat them dry, then store the leaves between damp paper towels or in a plastic Ziploc bag in the for up to 2-3 weeks.
Note: If you are drying your herb, dry the leaves for 2-4 hours on low heat in the oven until they crumble on touch.
The benefits of tarragon include the following:
- Tarragon tea also calms nerves and is commonly used by insomniacs to induce sleep.
- It is also a natural diuretic that will relieve water retention in the body.
- Due to the in tarragon, that help fight free radicals, this herb is particularly good for problems and function.
- Parts of this plant are also used to promote reproductive health in females by inducing and regulating .
- Its high dose of potassium promotes health.